I think the ‘rules’ for receiving these awards are:
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers:
- Thanks the person who nominated you
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you (please see below)
- Nominate 11 blogs for the award
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Post 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award and let them know
- Include the award image in your blog post
So, I’m hoping this post will cover both these fabulous awards.
Ok – here we go:
Answers questions from the person who nominated you:
- Why did you start a blog? I started blogging for several reasons, I find ’stitching’ gives me a real sense of accomplishment which I wanted to share with others by helping them to learn to sew, knit and crochet. I would also love to open a stitching (sewing, knitting and crochet) cafe one day and thought a blog would help me start the first step of the journey.
- How many blogs do you follow? I’m not really sure - I tend to look at some non wordpress based ones regularly (like Attic 24) and follow others on the reader feeder through wordpress.
- What makes you happy? My family
- What are you most grateful for? The mental and physical health of my family!
- What is your favourite food? Anything that has been home cooked! If I had to choose I would say homemade cakes. Yum.
- What sort of weather do you like best? I love the sunshine – the variety of weather we get here in the UK really makes me appreciate those moments when the sky is blue and the sun pops its head out.
- Which famous person would you most like to meet? I’m not really sure on this one – I would love to sit and craft with Kirstie Allsopp, get some valuable advice from one of the entrepeneurs on Dragons Den on how to turn my craft cafe into a reality and Lucy from Attic 24 fame to thank her for inspiring me to learn to crochet! There’s also a whole host of other amazing passionate people out there (some famous, others not), who come alive when they talk about ‘their thing’ who I would love to meet and find out more about their stories.
- Where would you most like to go for a holiday? On a trekking holiday around the world where you find your path as you go.
- What sort of books do you like to read? I love to read new authors and books from different genres, I find the books on the ‘Richard and Judy’ Book club list are normally a good placed to start .
- What style of music do you prefer? Pop
- What characteristic do you hope other people will most value in you?Trust and encouragement.
- I love rescuing old oil paintings from the elements at a car boot sales and rehanging them in my home.
- I love canoeing on the sea, but not capsizing!
- My current buying fetish is old table cloths that someone has spent hours embroidering.
- I love baking cakes and bread.
- I really need to get into the habit of exercising! Maybe 2013 will be the year!
- I use to be a secondary science teacher.
- Favorite colour is red.
- I started blogging in May 2012 and had 33,000 views so far.
- I have 4 bantam chickens who lay the most amazing eggs.
- My daughter wants me to make a prom dress for her this year – very scary!
- I’m finding it hard to write random facts about myself!
There are some fantastic blogs out there and rather than nominate some of those peeps that I avidly follow I wanted to pick a few recent blogs that I have just come across as i just remember how fabulous it is to be nominated for an award when you are just starting off on your blogging journey.