A magic ring is a great way to start a crochet round as it allows you to adjust the size of the central hole. It’s often used when making amigurumi creatures as the hole in the middle can be tightly shut.
2. Use your crochet hook to draw the ball end of the yarn through the loop.
3. Make a single chain stitch through the loop to keep the loop together.
4. Work as many stitches as you need (often UK double crochet, US single crochet) into the loop.
5. Pull the tail end of your yarn to tighten the loop until the hole in the middle of your round closes.
6. Finish your round with a slip stitch into the first stitch.