Anyone for crochet? The Double (UK) or Single (US) Stitch

As you will of probably guessed from the title, in the UK we call this a double stitch (abbreviation = dc) and our US friends call it a single stitch (abbreviation = sc). This stitch¬†makes a firm, dense fabric which is why it’s good for making toys and containers. Continue reading